Reduce ink consumption by up to 30% while maintaining or even increasing print quality: InkTune is your golden ticket to lower cost-of-ownership and higher profitability.
Can cost savings be achieved while preserving or even increasing the quality of prints? InkTune proves that it’s possible. As its name implies, InkTune helps you save on ink costs. But it also does a lot more: it improves color stability on the press, as well as image quality and consistency.
How? By using Grey Component Replacement (GCR), which substitutes expensive CMY inks with the more economical black (K) ink instead. This technique, which requires no extra hardware or user expertise, offers better ink settings, less interference between different inks, higher printing speeds, and faster drying times.
InkTune is a unique solution because it is entirely integrated into the prepress workflow. The software works its magic during the rendering process. In this way, it guarantees that all transparencies are fixed optimally, and creates an ideal environment for the application of GCR. This makes InkTune a cost-effective solution that improves quality and lowers environmental impact.
- Lower ink consumption by up to 30%
- Further reduced ink costs through the use of economical black (K) ink
- Less misregistration of cyan and magenta
- Improved color consistency and less pronounced rosette structures
- Less anti-offset powder needed
- Faster drying times make it possible to start post-press activities (cutting, folding etc.) sooner
- No additional investment in hardware or knowledge required
- Less paper waste before press-ready, as a result of better ink setting
Erik Peeters, Marketing Manager Workflow Solutions, explains in detail why PressTune and InkTune will add value to your business.
PressTune and InkTune:
a printing power combo
Use InkTune in combination with PressTune, Agfa’s smart print management solution, for optimum results. With its powerful process control and analytics capabilities, PressTune helps create the ideal environment for InkTune to work its magic. In addition, the cloud-based PressTune solution allows you to deploy InkTune across different printing sites, greatly enhancing opportunities for cost reduction and promoting consistency across the board. Your clients will love it.