Take total control with Agfa’s comprehensive PressTune print standardization tool. Benefit from more accurate, consistent colors, faster make-ready times, lower ink consumption, smoother approvals and an overall increase in efficiency and productivity.
PressTune is a comprehensive and unique print standardization solution that guarantees color consistency and ensures that printing jobs meet ISO, G7, and even client-specific standards. It increases productivity by lowering ink and paper consumption, significantly reducing make-ready time and improving communication between prepress operator, quality management and print buyers.
How is this possible? PressTune contains powerful analytics capabilities, based on lab values obtained through spectrophotometer measurement tools. This vital print and color data is collected straight from the printing press, and enables the objective evaluation of printing jobs related to specific standards. By doing away with subjective evaluations, print plants can operate in a standardized way and get more jobs done in less time. What’s more, this unique solution operates independently of printing technology and press manufacturer.
- Set the standards – and always live up to them: PressTune allows printing professionals to measure color reproduction against any identified standard, including ISO 12647, G7, and specific buyer requirements. The pass-fail reporting process and scorecard system certifies that jobs are printed exactly to specification, improving quality and consistency.
- Avoid wasted prints: By monitoring up to 12 spot colors, PressTune guides operators to adjust the press to remain within tolerances when chemistry, paper, ink and other variables change. In this way, wasted paper is reduced by up to 26% on average.
- Flexible performance management: PressTune reports across multiple printing technologies, including offset, flexographic, and digital print, and offers unparalleled flexibility in performance management.
- Reduce make-ready time: By improving communication between prepress, pressroom and quality departments, PressTune ensures that jobs are printed to specification and reprint targets are met. Lower wastage and higher productivity will make a significant improvement to the bottom line.
- Faster validation: PressTune’s real-time job verification function eliminates the need for clients to be physically present on press sign off, thus saving travel time and costs.
- Same quality anytime – anywhere: PressTune can be deployed as a cloud-based solution and therefore be rolled out across different printing presses and sites. In this way, it helps you maintain the same consistency and quality, and opens up the possibility of assigning jobs by site to maximize economy and efficiency.
- Use with any printing technology: Developed by Agfa Graphics, PressTune can be deployed with any prepress workflow solution or printing technology.