Chem-free violet printing plate which requires zero heat for plate production. It combines outstanding lithographic quality with excellent durability and eco-friendliness.
Avatar V-ZH is Agfa’s latest addition to the range of photopolymer offset plates for the newspaper industry. Avatar V-ZH requires zero heat for plate production. Based on the successful experience of our customers with the chem-free photopolymer plate N95-VCF, this newly developed plate technology supports the demand of newspaper printers to streamline production processes further and to reduce machine maintenance and servicing.
In addition, the reduction of waste and start-up time during the make-ready process, as well as stability and linearity throughout the entire print run, and additional energy savings, will empower the daily production. Avatar V-ZH is sensitized for visible lasers emitting at 405 nm, and is designed for chemistry-free operation without any preheat process.
Agfa offers fully integrated newspaper prepress solutions that come complete with CtP, clean-out unit (COU), printing plates and Arkitex workflow software.
- The absence of a preheat unit reduces investment cost, saves energy and gains you floor space. It also means your air conditioning will no longer need to run full blast.
- Linear behavior on the press throughout the print run
- High robustness on the press (run length, dot gain, press roll-up…)
- Flexibility: UV-capable for semi-commercial and special applications
- Very high image contrast after clean-out and gumming, allowing an easy visual inspection to avoid mix-ups on press
- Fully daylight resistant once cleaned out
- High scratch resistance
- Suited for high-quality Arkitex Sublima screening