Energy Elite Eco
Ready for the next generation of no-bake, long-run thermal printing plates? Energy Elite Eco has it all: an even higher run length, photorealistic imaging quality and advanced ECO³ features.
Energy Elite Eco is an advanced and remarkably robust no-bake thermal printing plate for high-end, high-performance commercial, packaging and UV printing. It offers an unprecedented run length of up to 600,000* prints (up to 150,000* copies when using UV ink), ensuring maximum productivity especially when combined with our dedicated Elite Eco Founts, for a variety of different applications and press conditions
Even in harsh environments, this robust printing plate does not compromise on its premium, photorealistic imaging quality. Especially designed to be compatible with the latest screening technologies of 340 lpi Sublima and FM10, Energy Elite Eco enables you to create durable images at 1-99% dot resolution, without dot loss.
When used in conventional thermal processors, Energy Elite Eco’s clean chemistry allows for significant savings in chemistry consumption and a drastic reduction of maintenance. By combining the Energy Elite Eco plate with the Arkana smart processing technology, the full benefits of its ECO3 features can be achieved: ecology, economy, and extra convenience.
- Run lengths of up to 600,000* prints (and up to 150,000* copies with UV ink), ensuring maximum productivity.
- Suitable for a variety of different applications and press conditions, offering you flexibility and optimal performance.
- A dual-layer coating technology that eliminates the need for any pre- or post-baking, saving space, time, and money.
- Daylight-safe and quality-consistent printing at 1-99% dot resolution, without dot loss, using 340 lpi Sublima and FM10 screening technologies.
- Clean chemistry allows for a bath life over 15,000 m² with a reduced amount of chemical replenishment
- A 20% decrease in waste production and chemicals used with standard thermal processors
- Up to 50% of waste reduction when combining Energy Elite Eco with the Arkana smart processing unit, as well as the total elimination of rinse water.
Agfa is committed to sustainable innovation that focuses on ecology, economy, and extra convenience—or ECO³. Our hardware, software and consumables make your prepress and printing operations cleaner, more cost-effective and easier to operate and maintain. The ultimate goal? More value for your entire printing business!
Agfa’s advanced coating technology
Thanks to Agfa’s innovative dual-layer coating technology, Energy Elite Eco offers a remarkable robustness that eliminates the need for pre- or post-baking while still achieving runs up to 600,000* prints. It provides high sensitivity for flawless, future-proof performance in all high-speed thermal platesetters.
Furthermore, the advanced Energy Elite Eco technology enables a wide press latitude in sheet-fed, heatset and UV packaging printing. As such, it ensures excellent lithographic performance, fast restarts, low dampening levels, and a stable ink-water balance. Also guaranteeing fast roll-up, Energy Elite Eco enables faster results with less waste.
Supreme, photorealistic imaging quality
As a thermal printing plate, Energy Elite Eco is daylight-safe. Especially designed to be compatible with the latest imaging standards and the highest imaging resolution on the market, the plate enables the creation of durable, photorealistic images with 340 lpi Sublima and FM10 screening technologies. Energy Elite Eco offers quality-consistent printing results at 1-99% dot resolution and without dot loss.
Optimal ECO³ advantages with Arkana
Energy Elite Eco perfectly fits into the Agfa ECO³ framework, designed with a dedication to ecology, economy, and extra convenience. Combined with standard processors, the printing plate effects a 20% decrease in waste production and chemicals used. It also allows for a longer bath life, less frequent and easier processor maintenance. Processors can be cleaned using standard tap water.
Combine Energy Elite Eco with the Arkana smart plate processing technology to benefit optimally from the full range of its ECO³ features:
- reduced chemistry consumption, with extremely low replenishment rates
- bath life up to 15,000 m²
- reduced cleaning frequency and easy maintenance due to Energy Elite Eco’s clean chemistry
- no harsh chemicals required for processor cleaning
- total elimination of rinse water
- total waste reduction of up to 50% compared to conventional processing systems
Optimal performance with Elite Eco Founts
Ink, water, fountain solution, washes… During the printing process, there are many products that interact with your blanket, metal and plate coatings. Agfa developed the Elite Eco founts alongside the Energy Elite Eco plates to guarantee their optimal performance:
- Run length performance up to twice as high compared to the existing fountain additive in case of chemical plate attack
- good press stability and low water settings
- economical dosage in combination with most ink types
Energy Elite Eco
|Plate type||Positive-working, digital thermal offset plate|
|Substrate||High-quality grained and anodized aluminum|
|Spectral sensitivity||830 nm (thermal laser diode)|
|Practical sensitivity||90 mJ/cm²|
|Platesetter compatibility||Compatible with 830 nm platesetters|
|Image contrast||Excellent, can be measured with all available densitometers and plate readers|
|Plate sizes||Length: 450-2080 mm
Width: 480-1590 mm
|Resolution (depending on platesetter)||
|Gauges||0.15 mm, 0.20 mm, 0.24 mm, 0.30 mm and 0.40 mm (0.006″, 0.008″, 0.010″, 0.012″ and 0.015″)|
|Run length (depending on print conditions)||600,000 (UV inks: 150,000)|
Processing (Conventional positive thermal plate processor)
|Gum||RC795, RC795-A, Unifin Plus, Antura MAM1|
|Bath life||15,000 m²|
|Replenishment||40 ml/m² and 40 ml/h (depending on the processor)|
Processing (Arkana smart processing unit)
|Rinse water||Not applicable|
|Bath life||15,000 m²|
|Replenishment||10 ml/m² and 8 ml/h|
|Room conditions (T, RH)||18-24 °C (64-75 °F), < 70% RH|
|Storage conditions||Below 32 °C (90 °F), <70% RH|
* Depending on press conditions
Agfa’s optimized gums and pressroom chemicals
|Plate cleaner||ANTURA CtP Plate Cleaner|
|Wash-out gum||ANTURA CleanGum|
|Fountain solution||Elite Eco sheetfed & heatset fountain solutions|
|Roller and blanket washes||Energy Elite Eco is compatible with all Agfa roller & blanket washes|